Friday 19 July 2013

Student writing quizzes

I've recently discovered a number of tools for the classroom, and today, despite the 30 degree heat in my classroom, I used a selection of them in tandem, in a student centered lesson that just worked really well, and had students doing all of the hard work.

Step 1.  Write a Google form for students to write multiple choice questions for each other. (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1nDol6fp5G1QvTXAiTjgJfxVspCJYtDfDr-lqgQ0526M/viewform)

Step 2.  Put it into www.askmeqr.com to make it mobile friendly.  My link for this activity is http://askmeqr.com/s/c1a854

Step 3.  Wait for the questions to roll in.  As they appeared I just did a quick check to ensue the answers were right!

Step 4.  Copy and paste the questions in to the socrative excel template for quizzes, upload, and run a space race.  (Their quiz is at SOC-1561057).

This was the first time I'd tried this with this class, but it worked well, and is something I'll do more of next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment