Saturday 28 August 2010

Supermarkets' Dodgy Special offers.

1. Diet Coke. £1.09 each, or 2 for £1.70. This is a good special offer.

2. Beer. £4.00 for a pack, or £9.00 for two packs. This is a bad special offer.

3. Bread. £1.00 for 1 loaf, £2.00 for two. This is an irrelevant special offer.

If you don't beleive the 2nd one, I saw it in Tesco Extra Llanelli, and here is the proof!

Total #Tesco #Fail on Twitpic(Click it to see the full prices)

The third one I saw in my local Tesco metro this morning, and as luck would have it there was a minion stocking the shelves, so I asked him about it!

His opinion (and I don't think its the party line) is that the "2 for £2" bit is a Tesco global policy, but each store can change their own prices, so while they charge £1.00for one, a smaller store may charge £1.09.

I still think they should put their prices through a sanity check, as it just makes them look stupid!

No comments:

Post a Comment