Sunday 8 August 2010

TweetDeck - multiple accounts

A few people have asked recently how to set up (and manage) multiple twitter accounts. This is mainly in the light of #twittereducator and @tweetingeducatr, but I've been running two accounts for a bit (I know many others are too).

Step by Step guide... (Pictures will follow)
1. Set up a 2nd (3rd, 4th) account on twitter. Please remember all usernames and passwords!!

2. Open Tweetdeck. Click on "Add more accounts". It's one the Top left of the page, next to the blue icon with your Avatar on it.

3. When the Tweetdeck settings page appears, Click on Add new account, and choose Twitter. Type in the details, and CLick Verify. Simples.
4. You will get a grey icon at the top, next to the blue one. Whichever one (or ones) are blue, you are tweeting from, if it is grey, it is not active. When you add columns, you'll be asked for which account.

5. Replies are automatically sent from the account you are replying too.

Questions?!! Like I said, a bit of a rush!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Chris! Right question - is it possible to see columons from both accounts at the same time? For instance, I have 2 accounts. oOne has just one column the other has 3. Can I show all 4? Will this send me more doo- lally!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me again! Do your mentions from all accounts show on the same column? I seem to have both showing which is really confusing! I've had a play with the icons & seems to be able to reply from both accounts. Is that right? I may need something stronger than tea I'm afraid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me yet again! Too impatient - I've answer my own question about tweeting from both at the same time! You can't! How do you manage not to send from the wrong one? I used #twittereducator for my @jfb57 account before setting theother one up @TheHeadsOffice. That one is for my new blog whicg is primariliy for educationalists. I then used #twittereducator for that one. Think I might unfollow the @jfb57 ones & just keep the two groups separate. does that make sense.
    Same question though - how do you manage not to send from the wrong account?

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. I have about 8 columns. It's ok.

    2. the more comuns the more doolally, but its ok.

    3. different accounts, different mentions columns.

    4. yes, can send tweers from both accounts.

    5. How to not send from wrongaccount - carefully. I could name a dozen tweeps (including me) who have.

    I'll update post later with pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I see a the mentions column from both at the same time?
    Can I see a column from each at the same time?

    sorry to be a pain! I expect you're regretting following me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is for the old Air version of TweetDeck. Check out http://simplebutgood.net/?p=276 for help managing accounts in the new version.

    ReplyDelete